Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care Luxury Senior Living FAQ’s
What is luxury senior living in Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care?
• Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care offers seniors the help they need with the tasks of daily living, in a residential community that supports and encourages their independence, and opportunities to live a full and engaging life.
What is Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care not?
• Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care is not a nursing home. Our resident may need help with medications, meals, housekeeping and other activities, but do not require skilled nursing care.
Is Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care a licensed provider? Does that really matter?
• Yes – and Yes! High quality providers of senior care, like Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care, have one thing in common – they are licensed and regulated by the state. Licensing ensures appropriate staffing levels, physician approved care plans and ongoing staff training. Don’t assume a provider is licensed just because they say so. A quick look around the entrance will tell you if it is a licensed community or not, as the state requires licenses to be displayed prominently at the entrance.
Is there a doctor or nurse on duty?
• Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care has a licensed nurse available as needed. Providers are not required to employ a full-time nurse, but Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care has chosen to do so.
Do you have a house physician?
• No. Residents continue to see their own physicians. Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care is available to provide residents with transportation to their doctor’s office as needed. If you do not have a physician, we have Geriatric physicians who will come to Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care to see his or her patient in the community.
What accommodations are available?
• Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care offers residents several sizes of private bedroom studio units with private bath accommodations.
What services and amenities are included in the monthly rate?
• Three delicious, nutritious meals in the community dining room
• Medication oversight
• Regular and often daily wellness activities, social events and devotional services
• Shopping and leisure excursions in the community van
• Coordination with a resident’s personal physician
• Utilities (excluding telephone and cable TV, at additional cost based on your preferences)
• Housekeeping and personal laundry services
If my health needs change while living at Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care, will I automatically have to move into a skilled nursing facility?
• Not necessarily. Some residents receive physical therapy, home health, and even hospice in their home at Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care. Others leave for post-surgical rehabilitation and look forward to coming back home as quickly as possible.
Can I live at Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care if I need a wheelchair or walker to get around?
• Yes. In fact, we encourage seniors who need assistance with ambulation to live with us at Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care.
Does this mean that you can prevent resident falls?
• Unfortunately, no. It is important to be aware that no community can prevent resident falls. What Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care does do is provide an environment and services that encourage an active, healthful approach to living. Staying active is one of the best ways to prevent falls.
What are Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care’s visiting hours?
• When you live in Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care, it is no different than living at home—this is your new home, on your terms. You are free to welcome and entertain guests as you please.
• The only exception relates to those residents with memory impairments who live in our memory care wing; their access is limited for their own protection.
Do I have to give notice if I decide to move out?
• Yes, as detailed in our Resident Agreement, we require a 30-day notice.
Do I have to sign a lease?
• Thrive Assisted Living & Memory Care offers month-to-month leases and accommodates short-term respite stays. There are no hidden costs and no fluctuating fees after you move in. Unit rates are guaranteed for up to 12 months, unless your needs change from traditional senior living to our memory care wing.
May I bring my own furnishings to my apartment?
• Absolutely! This is your home and you should have all the comforts and furnishings to which you are accustomed.